Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Day 7 - feeling fantastic and PICTURES!

Pictures attached to old entries now...

Everything has completely turned around from days 2-5. Day 5 was by far the worst of all - but now my pain has gone down (I'm only taking demerol at night, it helps me sleep). My swelling is starting to go down - which is where a lot of my pain was coming from. My only pain now is really in my lower teeth, which are fighting being banded shut and my incisions, which kind of pull and sting. My jaw gets tired and sore when I talk too much - but it's easier to understand me today.

My mom took me to the store yesterday and Nick and I went to a store in the mall today. With the impressive bruising and swelling, I got quite a few outright stares.

Well, not much to say today. Feeling good (finally). Thursday I have my first appointment back with my surgeon - hurray! I think Nick said that when she called she said I would get a lot of the bands off on Thursday and could start eating more solid food... hurray!
Day 7 pics:



7 comments:

Ananda Devika said...

You look so great! It gets better, I promise!

Anonymous said...

since you are absessing about food I am going to ask you questions about food! :) What was your last meal, and what will be your first semi-solid meal? Let me know that satisfaction you get from real food loL! :)

DAMN! That bruise looks horrible! It makes my chin/neck area hurt lol!

Discantus said...

Hi Steph,

Just finished reading your surgery story and wanted to say congratulations on making it to the other side! I was very impressed by your cool head you kept in hospital, really hope I can do the same.

Will keep my fingers crossed for you that your surgeon will release you from some of the bands on Thursday :)

Rainne said...

Yay! I've been reading every day, and I'm so glad you're starting to feel better! I remember what it was like after my bypass surgery, not being able to eat solid food for eight weeks. I cried the day I could eat granola, something I could crunch! Lol...

Rainne said...

Swelling is way, way down...it's pretty obvious in your pics. Yay!

stephanie said...

Changes - my last meal was a bratworst and fries at my favorite brewpub in Olympia, WA and their pub-made ginger ale (no beer since anestesia the next day). The sausages are made in the pub and served on GIANT rolls and they are DELICIOUS!! Then my husband and friends and I went to a swing dance with one of our favorite bandleaders playing - so it was a great night :)

I have eaten mashed potatoes and a few bites of soft serve ice cream, but I'm not so sure about eating yet - it's kind of sore and weird feeling.

The weird thing about the bruising? It doesn't hurt at all! Even on the spots of the neck that I can feel.

Melinda said...

I LOVE that you went to a store in your condition! People probably thought you were abused!! :)