Wednesday, August 20, 2008

the almost waterpik and why I hate my husband....

Big things are happening in life - in the last week, I got a new job teaching band and orchestra, with a continuing contract to boot so I don't have to interview for jobs next summer with my jaw banded shut and swollen like a cartoon. I think I found us a new apartment (we'll move in next weekend) and we are possibly buying a new car this weekend... Which of course, results in us needing to save our cash flow and not being able to buy a waterpik!!

The gums are still doing terribly... but I have an appointment tomorrow in the early AM so I'm going to talk with them about it. I also need to talk with them about making sure my surgery date is as soon as school gets out, and to talk with them about insurance stuff, since I've got the new job and I don't know how that'll work out.

My husband went into the orthodontist a few weeks ago. We've been noticing that his teeth have been moving quite rapidly, and I noticed his midlines being extremely off - he had braces for a very long time as a teenager, and he wanted to talk with an orthodontist. Just like I suspected, he has a severe cross-bite and needs braces and lower jaw surgery. He doesn't want braces, but the orthodontist is worried about his front teeth shortening because they are hitting together every time he closes his mouth. (P.S. If we ever decide to have kids, poor them. Or poor us, having to shell out all that money for orthodontics).

All things aside, he was able to skip the braces and jaw surgery for now, and got to get these:

I must say I'm jealous. Aren't they pretty? Can't wait to have my own some day.

1 comment:

ingrid said...

congrats on your new job!