Tuesday, December 15, 2009

aha!

It was a fun weekend of visiting good friends from college - ones I haven't seen since surgery, which always makes me a tad nervous. In regards to my face, I think my friend Chels said it best - she said that I look "really different, but then I smile and laugh and then I look the same."

I realized, my pictures aren't really my real smile - my real smile is BIG and shows lots of teeth and metal and my face crinkles up, and my laugh makes the huge smile even BIGGER. I love to smile and laugh, and love that now I'm not really self-conscious about it - I mean, no more centimeter of gum showing! Here are the best pictures that I can find of my real smile (two before braces - then with braces before surgery - then after surgery) which can't be replicated well in one of my "look at my progress" pictures.
(I hope no one IN these pictures minds me posting them on the internet. If you do, let me know and I'll photoshop you out!)

4 comments:

Corey said...

You look so great! Do you think getting your braces off might be soon? your hair looks really cute too.

Heidi said...

Dude, Chad is so totally going to come after you.

stephanie said...

Corey - yeah... unlike lucky YOU, my braces don't come off until June or July. Or later, depending on how this jaw stuff works out.

Claudia said...

Hey did you graduate from CWU? I did in 2006...