Tuesday, December 2, 2008

doctor visit

I had an intake appointment yesterday and had a long conversation about my jaw pain and headaches with my new primary care physician. She has decided to prescribe me the same muscle relaxants for the next 7 months until my jaw surgery. She is worried about my body adjusting to the medication and addiction, but we both decided that those risks were smaller than dealing with the long, intense migraines of the past few months. I guess I'll deal with the addiction bit once I get past the surgery....

I have REALLY noticed a difference now that I'm on muscle relaxants and doing acupuncture... I have less jaw pain than before, especially while playing my clarinet. I have only had three migraines in the two weeks since getting started on them, and each of those migraines lasted less than a day. I am able to get through my 5th period class without being in considerable pain (it is my last period of the day, and usually the most painful).

Good news.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Glad to hear that the acupuncture and muscle relaxants are working for you!! I can SO empathize with you, and the relief you feel when the frequency of the migraines goes down. Hopefully your surgery will help as well!!