- Not having braces is AWESOME!
- Flossing and brushing takes just a few minutes even with the built-in retainers on top and bottom.
- Retainers get smelly really easily. Yuck.
- While my orthodontist said I could only wear my retainers at night, I've found that if I wait all day (on days that I play instruments, anyway) I have to squeeze on my retainers and it's painful.
- My ROM has improved slightly - prior to getting them off two fingers fit in tight, now on good days they even have a little space.
- My bite doesn't always line up, especially after playing clarinet/sax. The overbite is not a lot bigger, but I'm going to call Dr. Molen as soon as I have a free afternoon so he can double check it. Because it's definitely shifted a bit.
- My jaw still hurts a lot. Bummer. Once school is out I'll see Dr. Lee and we'll think about doing something about it.